Santa Visit (December 16th at Prime Time):
We actually managed to get Easton to sit on Santa's lap this year (last year there was a screaming little boy who wanted nothing to do with him!). Which was a major accomplishment for him (not that I blame him - Santa was pretty creepy looking!). I also think that it was a help that he got to watch Charley (Jerry and Molly's little girl) sit on Santa's lap first.
Robideau's Christmas (December 18th at Grandpa and Grandma Robideau's house in Tillamook):
Saturday before Christmas we made a (somewhat snowy) trip to Tillamook to have Christmas with my mom's side of the family. There was lots of family and lots of food. It was a great day and good memories (unfortunately I must of left my camera at home because I can't seem to find any pictures of it?)
Zoo Lights (December 23th at the Oregon Zoo):
Another first time experience for our family was Zoo Lights (ok ... Todd went when he was younger), it was a beautiful chilly evening that I can't wait to repeat as part of our family tradition. However, I did learn a few things for next year:
1) it would probably be better to go earlier in December (the 23rd was the last day of Zoo Lights before Christmas - so it was extremely busy!)
2) be sure to arrive early (especially if you are going to ride the train) - we got there at 3:45 (which was pretty close to perfect), walked around and looked at some of the lights, then got in line for the train at 4:30 (which was already starting to get long!), we managed to get on the second zoo train and the line just kept getting longer and longer.
3) make sure to bundle up! I made sure that Easton was well bundled, but didn't do so good keeping myself warm!
Anyways enough reminders and advice ... here are the photos!
Our Christmas (December 24th at Our House):
So, Christmas Eve day at our house was kinda crazy here is an overview:
* Todd got a phone call around noon that he had to work Christmas Day in Elgin (somewhere near LaGrande) so we had to change our Christmas plans.
* I got to have a great phone call with Mrs. Claus regarding having Santa stop by our house while Easton was napping so that we could celebrate Christmas with daddy before he had to leave (3 am on Christmas morning - and I wasn't getting up that early!)
* I had to hurry up and wrap all remaining Christmas presents while Easton was down for his nap (and I am a procrastinator).
* Todd had to help straighten up our house for Santa and get the lights working on the tree (needless to say we never really did finish decorating our tree this year! ... oh well, maybe next year)
Christmas with the Walkers (December 25th at Dad and Mom's house in Tillamook):
So Christmas morning Easton and I headed to Tillamook to spend Christmas with my family (which was not the plan - we weren't suppose to be there until the afternoon - until Todd ended up having to work). It worked out nice since Jeremy had Lane and we got to open presents around 10am (when we got there).
We had Christmas dinner with my parents, Jeremy, and Grandpa and Grandma Robideau. We spent the night ... heading home pretty early on Sunday to beat the stormy weather that had come in (and to see Todd for an hour before he headed out of town again).
Christmas with the Scotts (still to be determined):
We still have one more Christmas to celebrate (with Todd's parents), but we are waiting for a time that Todd can be home to celebrate with us.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that 2011 will bring lots of happiness!!!